All iPads People who own iPad 3 and iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iRyu, Dec 7, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I'm so tempted to buy iPad Mini now. My country just launch today and the price is freaking affordable, it's cheaper than iPod Touch!

I'm thinking if I buy Mini, will I still use iPad 3? I did try some hands on with Mini. It's something I will carry it with me all the time.

Anyone who own both can give some comments?

2. macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Aside from the screen size/quality difference, you wont have any reason to have 2 devices that do the exact same things. Spend your money elsewhere.

3. macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I would not get the iPad mini if you already have an iPad 3. Unless you are looking for something smaller to carry around.

4. macrumors 6502

I have the 4 and the mini, and find both compliment each other. I use the 4 round the house, or when staying away for 1 or more nights - and use the mini when I'm travelling or commuting. The 3 / 4 always seemed (to me) too large to use when actually travelling - although still a great portable device for when you arrive.

Then again I don't have a laptop (just an iMac) - if I did then I wouldn't see the point of the 3 /4.

5. Tikatika, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012

macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Which is precisely why I treated myself to a Christmas present. It arrived yesterday. White 16gb wifi and it is just breathtaking gorgeous. I had only seen the black on display at Best Buy and I am so glad I got the white. I have it paired with this stunning case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z7VAR6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I spend a lot of waiting room time at dr. appointments for my hubby and the iPad 3 is just too big. The Mini will fit in my purse perfectly!

Had the iPad 3 and the Mini side by side. The Mini screen is bright and gorgeous and although I do see a difference in text, it's not that big a deal, truly.

Now it is wrapped and under the tree awaiting Christmas :)

6. macrumors regular

As far as I'm concerned the mini is way better than the iPad 3 because it does everything that device does but it's lighter and more portable.

7. macrumors 6502

supertomtom

So what if it is? People keep saying that yet they're on a forum discussing apple products, a first world product.

Anyways, I too have both an ipad 3 and mini but have found myself using the mini everywhere just because it's so easy to carry around. My ipad 3 hasn't seen much action lately.

8. macrumors 65816

I have both. I use the 3 for reading and the mini for everything else.

9. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I own both, but I've noticed that I find myself now only really using the Mini. The GF has the iPad 3. The lack of retina display is much less of an issue than it's been made out to be on here, and I actually find contrast better on the mini, not to mention the convenience of it, size-wise.