People with Cinema displays - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by masterjedi73, Jan 13, 2004.

1. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2004
    How do you like the cinema displays? They look great in the stores, but I'd like to hear some true life stories before spending that much!

2. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2001
    I have a 20" one. If you have the money get one now. I have no regrets whatsoever. It's beautiful, the colors are vibrant and accurate. The respons is fast enough for games such as Quake and Unreal Tournament. (funny thing is that Apple rates the 20" display response time as 40ms, while the displays at my work are 25ms but show a lot more ghosting and tearing??) The wide aspect ratio is perfect. (perhaps because it's 16:10, almost the Golden Ratio)
    Widescreen is just great, I'll never buy another 4:3 screen. And I'll never buy a CRT display.
    Also, the 20" Cinema Display is just as good as a high end CRT, but much easier on the eyes.
    For me it's absolutely worth the money!
  3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    Now where did I put my pic of the 20" Cinema Display...

There's really nothing much to say about the 20" and 23 " CD except wow from the moment you open the huge box it comes in. It's been 6 months (lost count) since I got the CD and I love every moment of it. Although I wish I've gotten the 23", it's just a bit too damn big for my taste, just as 15" PB's the perfect size for me.

I also have a Sony 18" LCD at home for the PC system. Now, I haven't really done any comparison on the two, but I think the dpi (dot pitch/inch) is smaller on the Sony. Let me take a look...

The 20" Cinema Display was money well spent and I like it more than the Sony.