Pepsi + iTunes...entering at odd hours?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by johnbro23, Feb 11, 2005.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

I was wondering that for the Pepsi-iTunes promotion, that if you enter in the middle of the night rather than mid-day that you'd have better odds or not?

Because they say an iPod an hour. So if they did a drawing for all entries for each specific hour, then I'd try to enter at like 3 or 4 a.m.

But the more logical way they could do it is just pick 24 names a day. In that case it wouldn't matter when you entered. (unless of course you picked a lower traffic day... maybe Sunday?)

So anyone know?

2. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I am pretty sure it doesnt matter what time you enter your codes because they have 1 drawing a day for 24 iPod minis. The codes are collected and drawn at midnight (im pretty sure about this but i could be wrong)

3. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet. I just entered my code. I got O.A.R.-Fool In The Rain... amazing song! :D

Does anyone know what the odds are? I know it changes everyday since it depends on the entries. But they're giving away 200,000,000 songs, almost 2,000 iPods, so if every winner entered at equal intervals, that makes the chances 1:100,000. But I think your chances are at least twice as good as that because I can't imagine every winner actually claims the song they won.