Perfect Day to go to the Apple Store....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGary, Mar 14, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Why?

Everyone is stuck in traffic and it was totally EMPTY. :D

[​IMG]

(CNN) -- U.S. 50 was closed to traffic Tuesday after a wayward barge got stuck under a bridge, officials said.

Police also stopped traffic on the Maryland 450 bridge over Maryland's Severn River as a precaution, The Associated Press reported.

Petty Officer Rich Codney said the unmanned barge, which is carrying rocks, broke away from its moorings in Luce Creek and lodged against two bridge pilings.

Coast Guard vessels are on the scene to make sure the barge doesn't go anywhere else, Codney said.

Aerial video showed traffic backed up on U.S. 50, a major highway into Annapolis, Maryland.

An initial assessment of the scene didn't show any damage to the bridge, but a marine safety inspector was to make a final evaluation, he said.

The owner of the barge has been contacted and is sending tugs to recover the vessel, Codney said.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Where on 50 is this bridge? I can just imagine the traffic issues..... :eek:

D

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

It's right down the road from where I live - where 50 crosses the Severn River toward the Bay Bridge in Annapolis. Biggest highway in the town. Still closed.

Oh, and my client's server is down so I can't do any writing. I'm really depressed today. :D

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If that happened in NYC(closing roads) the whole five islands would be at a still...thank God for the smelly hot subway.

Bless

5. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

During the summer when tunnel temperatures can reach 115 degrees, it feels like a near death experience on the platforms.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Under Grand Central Station:eek:and any drop off that have more than one level ....oh my goodness the smell and heat is a TKO.

Bless

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

It is so oppressive that even the rats lie on the tracks and welcome being run over.

8. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary