Perfect Macbook Pro Case...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by whyrichard, Apr 20, 2006.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

I am looking for the perfect Macbook Pro Case,

something as minimal as possible, perferably a hard case, and one that has a detachable shoulder strap.

Something that holds almost nothing more then the computer itself, and something of quality...

so far, this is the closest:

http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=137

except i don't think they have a shoulder strap, and also, inexpensive briefcases often feel, well, cheap.

any suggestions?

thanks,
    r.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

The MacBook Pro is wider than the 15'' PowerBook, so not all 15'' PowerBook cases will fit a MacBook Pro. It's tough to tell online, but the one linked in the original post certainly wouldn't.

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

4. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

very Nice case... but you cant carry your power adapter with it. :confused:

5. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

nor your mouse, nor your hairgel....
    nobiggie.

6. macidiot macrumors 6502a

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

i highly recommend these. they are slick looking, comfortable and very well made. they can take 50 foot drop tests and are water tight.

http://www.zerohalliburton.com/

8. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I recently picked up a Brenthaven Metro bag (Brenthaven Metro), and I can definitely say that it's the best, most protective bag I've had. It's really simple, having only the laptop compartment and a small pocket that's perfect for a few pens and the power adapter. The exterior is made from a very durable nylon, and looks great. Inside, there's a padded laptop compartment with a plastic shell to protect against impacts. Overall, it's a fantastic, simple bag from a company with an incredible reputation, and it's also relatively cheap ($70).