Perfect Pepsi iTunes commercial

Discussion in 'Community' started by zelmo, Feb 15, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Does anyone remember when Coke's tagline was "It's the Real Thing?"

Now that U2/Bono has fallen from the ranks of political activists and become just another artist hawking commercial products for their own profit, they ought to do a Pepsi iTunes giveaway commercial. Can't you imagine someone standing in front of two vending machines (Pepsi, Coca-Cola), opening the top of that Pepsi, and hearing Bono belt out "even better than the Real Thing?"

I have too much time on my hands today...
    :rolleyes:

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Sell the idea to Apple/Pepsi before its too late :p

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

if i had some sort of footage i would make one for you lol mmm photoshop/ itunes/imovie

:rolleyes:

4. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

I'm not sure Apple could get permission from U2 for Pepsi to use the song, much less that you would get Bono to appear in the ad. Would be funny, though.

5. point665 macrumors regular

Good idea, but Im a Coke guy... In fact one of my goals is to work for Coke. Only Pepsi product that I like is Mountain Dew and I drink it to get iTunes caps.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I fondly remember them using "It's the Real Thing."

I still much preferred the Pepsi iTunes commercial from last year, the song and video. Just superior IMHO.

My wife is purchasing some Pepsi today, just happens to be on sale everywhere this week. The only problem is that it comes in cans, so no yellow cap.