Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Hey guys/gals. After searching for days, I found a really nice slim case and thought I'd share.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009LNJ6Z2?qid=1350343409&sr=8-6

The surface feels like a marshmallow and the case itself is flexible, but stiffer than silicone. Really slim and really nice cut outs.

It doesn't have lay on the table design, but it does cover the chamfered edge.

My phone feels pretty much nude and it covers all 4 sides, unlike all the other slim cases out there.

Let me know if you'd like some pics.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Look for the same case on eBay - many colors to choose from and a couple of different styles all for $9.99. Not quite the same as the $2.99 add on deal but not a bad deal at $9.99 with shipping included.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
View attachment 369732
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350346664.223661.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350346698.940540.jpg

Here are the pics.

I bought mine from amazon.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350346837.423169.jpg

Not sure if the third pic showed up.

Never bought an add on deal from Amazon, but I was able to purchase this by itself. I think it was $6 shipped.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
The inside is about the same texture as the outside. Dust doesn't seem to be a problem yet, but like any case if you don't clean it out periodically dust will scratch it.

I'm really digging the matte black, it repels finger prints.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Just got mine. I like it a ton. Everything is covered, protected and on top of that, it looks stunning.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
I just got this as an add-on purchase and it really is fantastic. Although it is thicker than the Desmay slight ebay clone that I also have, it's not by much and I'd say actually preserves the look and feel of the naked phone better than the Desmay because (i) there's no break at the bottom of the frame/bumper - i.e. the open bottom of the Desmay gives the Desmay a less integrated/whole look, (ii) the bottom of the case is perforated at the speaker/mic locations like the phone itself (although the perforations are in a different pattern than the phone's), and (iii) the lip is perfectly flush with the glass (the downside, of course, is that while it covers the chamfer it doesn't provide any lay on table protection).

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
I measure it as adding around .9mm of thickness to the phone. I also have an Anker Glaze case which is .9mm thick TPU, and while the backs of these two cases are about identical in terms of thickness, the Anker has a front lip of about .9mm whereas the Noot does not, so the Anker adds a total of 1.8mm of thickness to the phone if viewed directly from the side. Optically I'd say that Noot looks even slimmer than it is because of the absence of any front lip.

nice. can you measure the thickness of the phone in the case?

thanks!

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Does it affect a front screen protector? Like lift the protector to the point where there are bubbles on the corner?

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
I don't have back skin so I'm not sure. The case doesn't touch the screen protector so its fine.

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
nice case. question...does it fit tight around the edge of the phone? i usually stay away from those cases cause they never seem to wrap completely around the phone. (so much that when i squeeze the side of the phone/case, i can press it in a bit)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Does it affect a front screen protector? Like lift the protector to the point where there are bubbles on the corner?

The edges clip on the bevel and do not affect a screen protector. Some cases although catching on the bevel, will go up a tad to avoid the lay flat on the table. This one does not - lay your phone front down and it will be right on the screen. I have a screen protector on mine anyway and really never lay it with the front down.

----------

nice case. question...does it fit tight around the edge of the phone? i usually stay away from those cases cause they never seem to wrap completely around the phone. (so much that when i squeeze the side of the phone/case, i can press it in a bit)

This case fits rather snugly around the bevel. I really notice no flex when on the phone.

What I really hate is when you get a saggy bottom or top that doesn't fit tight. For me, what works best with these type of cases, is to put a fairly tight rubber band on the phone from top to bottom. I'll leave that on the case overnight and that way the case edges will bend in and will be nice and tight and will stay that way on the phone.

I have this case in white for my white phone. Overall, it's a really great slim case that doesn't interfere with your screen protector but even though its pretty slim, it does give some protection. For me, it is pretty darn close to a perfect case. If I had to nit pick, the only negatives for me are - the white of the case is just a tad cooler than that of the iPhone and I wish the edges were just a bit higher (still catching the beveled edge but offering lay flat protection). Another must for me is perfect quality and this case doesn't disappoint. For the cheap price, the quality is great. Buttons all work with ease and the finish is great with no discoloration, rough edges or flash left over from the molding process.

I am totally finished with my case search. I swap between this Noot (if I'm feeling slim and minimalistic) to Switcheasy Tones (when I need a bit of color and extra protection).

Last edited:

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
Seems to be an awesome case for $2.99 from Amazon (provided you buy $25 total worth of stuff...) I think i'm gonna bite for such a low price, can't hurt.

This seems to be a perfect low-profile case very similar to the Diztronic case that I have, but without a lip. Should be perfect since I have a glass screen protector coming and i'm not sure the Diztronic's lip will play well with it's thickness. I do wonder if you can rub the Noot logo off from the back with an alcohol swab. Anybody that has this case wanna try? :D

Also I can't tell from the pictures but there's a cut-out for the top so the iPhone's power button is exposed, right?

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Seems to be an awesome case for $2.99 from Amazon (provided you buy $25 total worth of stuff...) I think i'm gonna bite for such a low price, can't hurt.

This seems to be a perfect low-profile case very similar to the Diztronic case that I have, but without a lip. Should be perfect since I have a glass screen protector coming and i'm not sure the Diztronic's lip will play well with it's thickness. I do wonder if you can rub the Noot logo off from the back with an alcohol swab. Anybody that has this case wanna try? :D

Also I can't tell from the pictures but there's a cut-out for the top so the iPhone's power button is exposed, right?

I'm in the same boat as far as not liking the noot logo. But everything else about the case seems great.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009

Let us know how this case compares to the Diztronic in terms of thickness once you get it. I haven't tried removing the noot logo but mine is already starting to rub off just from general use over the last few days so I would expect it to come completely off without any problem.

The power button is not exposed - it's covered. That said, it is extremely responsive - more so than the volume buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.