performa 600

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Ronnie151, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Ronnie151 macrumors newbie

does anyone know where i might find a mouse and a keyboard for a Performa 600?

2. Photorun macrumors 65816

Photorun

I don't believe the Performa 600 used any special type of keyboard. It should work with the common ADB keyboard (beige) found that connected to any Macintosh from 1991 to 1999 (perhaps eariler) with the power button either upper right or perhaps just off center left if you find a shortened (i.e. non extended) keyboard. There are a LOT of keyboards that fit this description out there and there is even a chance you could simply order one.

Here's one place that sells older keyboardds:

http://www.welovemacs.com/usb-adb-keyboard---mice-adb-keyboards.html

You can probably find them on eBay as well. I looked. Seems the going rate is $40 or less.

Or you can do a google search, simple go to google.com and type Apple keyboard ADB and you'll find a slew of places to find them.

Good luck!

3. Ronnie151 thread starter macrumors newbie

performa 600

wow thats kind of high, i was selling the computer with moniter for 30.00 at the flea market. hate to put that much into it and it still wont be worth nothing.

4. Photorun macrumors 65816

Photorun

Well at my old job we had a "junk box" just brimming full of ADB cables, keyboards, track balls, even some of the old, 747 wing-sized Wacom tablets, and other goodies from the Apple beige era. There's was a sign on the box's outside marked "take anything here... free!" Every once and a while you'd see someone digging through, untangling cables, for something. If I still had connections at that old place I'd get you one and send it to you COD for just the shipping cost.

$30? Must be a peecee, you can get more than that for an old Mac, any old Mac, if you tried (excepting maybe those odd performa 6320, 6332, 6431, 410, 420, etc. models).

C

PS If you see a TAM (Twentieth Anniversary Mac) some fool is selling for $30 and it works let me know, I'll buy without haggling!

5. Ronnie151 thread starter macrumors newbie

performa

well i know nothing about macs. I just got these from a church, the performa 600 with the monitor, it power up but cant tell much other than that without mouse or keyboard. Also i have a power mac 6100/60, with no monitor or nothing else, dont know much about this one either. How much do you think that power mac 6100 is worth?

6. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

I have a spare set...

sent you a PM Ronnie...

Rob

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

It think that performa is worth 5-10 bucks..not 30...i will sell you a mouse and a keyboard for 15 obo...the 6100 is worth 15-25 bucks....ut ive seen it sell for less...

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yes i've seen ADB Keyboards and ADB Extended Keyboards, as well as ADB Mouse and ADB Mouse II, sell for as little as a couple of bucks on ebay, and $.25 in used part stores. don't pay anything much more than that.

i have about 20 of those mice out in my garage, i just don't know where in the garage-- or i'd give you one. no keyboards tho...

pnw

9. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Paul (hi there, long time no see) beat me in there with the ebay suggestion, but I thought I'd chime in with support to the idea.

Over the years I've had to hunt out some of the most ridiculous Apple components and parts - nine times out of ten ebay comes through.

Give it a whirl.

Gotta love those Perfomas! ;)

cel, taking a trip down memory lane

10. Ronnie151 thread starter macrumors newbie

performa

well someone will get a good deal at the flea market today then. Once i bley out the dust these things looked brand new, oh well like i said dont know from nothing about macs. Thanks for all the responses.