Performa 6200CD, LinkSys, and Windows XP computer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RileyIL77, Oct 26, 2006.

1. RileyIL77 macrumors newbie

First off sorry if this question has been asked before I'm new to the forums. Let me explain my network setup real quick.

I have a Compaq 500Mhz with Win2K, Macintosh Performa 6200CD with Mac OS9 (Machine is too old to upgrade to Mac OSX from what I've read on the internet), Packard Bell 75Mhz with Fedora Core 4, and my main computer a custom built 64Bit 2.1 Gigahertz AMD machine with 32Bit Windows XP Professional installed on it, that all these machines are connected to a Linksys WRT54GS - Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster, via the ethernet cable connections.

I also have a wireless HP 1.2 Gigahertz laptop with Windows XP Professional. That connects wirelessly to the router.

Each machine has a set default IP. Because I have a FTP, Telnet, IRC, and Web server, on the machines hooked up via ethernet cable. With Linksys for port forwarding measures, setting the machines to there own IP address is the best way.

The problem I'm having is the Mac talks to the router and the internet fine. But if I'm on my Windows machines it is not listed as being on my network, and I have no idea on the Mac how to tell if the Windows machines are listed. I'm very new to Macintosh and the Mac was given to me free, so thought I would plug it into Network since we do programming just full around with compiling Mac OS9 versions of our software, just for kicks and grins.

So any help getting the Windows system to see the Macintosh and vise versa would bet gratefull.

2. RileyIL77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Pc-maclan

Well, I Googled and Googled this until I came across a Apple Tech who told me to get and install PC-MACLAN to fix this problem on the older Macintosh Performa.... So, I will do that and keep everyone posted!

3. RileyIL77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Performa 6200CD....

New Question.... Can a Performa or any PowerPC Bootup without a Monitor, KeyBoard, or Mouse? And if so, how can I setup my VNC Server (MacOS 9.1) to start on Boot-up?

Thanks for any help on this!!!

Riley