Performing Live Music

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Vivalabreitels, Apr 5, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Im looking at buying an iPad mostly to use when i play music live. My set up would be my guitar and vocals live and have the iPad providing the remaining backing tracks(drums, bass, etc). Ive see a few people do that set up without an iPad and i have the capabilities to do so with my macbook, id just prefer a simple set up. Any suggestions as to apps to use? Is garageband the only app worth using for music creation and production?

2. macrumors 6502

Garageband is great, but it lacks volume automation. Try out the HarmonicDog app called "Multi-Track"

3. macrumors G5

Macman45

4. macrumors 6502

iOS Musician is a good blog for music apps and hardware for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Recently they've been talking about the upcoming AudioBus multi-tasking feature between apps.

Let's say you like the amp sounds coming out of Amplitube, you can run that app and record its output in Multi-Track, SoundCloud or whatever software.

But as for using GarageBand for live performances, it's completely doable. Of if you wanna use Amplitube, it has a playback feature, so you can play along with any mp3 (bass, drum and backup vox tracks)

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips. Ill look into all the suggestions