Periods of choppy sound every 30 seconds in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by snorre, Apr 2, 2007.

1. snorre macrumors newbie

I'm using Bootcamp 1.2 and Vista. I have a problem with the sound that gets heavily distorted and choppy for about 2-3 seconds every 30-60 seconds. It doesn't matter if I use external or the internal speakers. Nor does it matter if I listen to web radio, mp3 or a CD. I had the same problem under Bootcamp 1.1. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. jfm010 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Running Vista, Boot Camp 1.2. MacPro 2,66. Sound stutters for 5 seconds once every minute.

3. lewisgreen macrumors newbie

Esactly the same problem here as well am also running a mac pro 2.66, have tried latest audio drivers as well as updating sata drivers which have been mentioned by other vista users with sound issues.

4. lewisgreen macrumors newbie

Have finally after a month of toying around found out a solution for the problem. In order to resolve this problem you must disable the wireless n card in your mac pro. I have read people with this wireless problem have downgraded drivers to g versions with sucess on typical pc setups so will have a go at this at a later point.