Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Which would be the best way to erase the contents of an iPhone6S+ so that no one (including Apple service) can restore any of your data?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hah thanx for the funny video and the apple support info, but, the info given is in iOS10, is there anything for iOS9?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hah thanx for the funny video and the apple support info, but, the info given is in iOS10, is there anything for iOS9?
It applies the same way to iOS 9 (and earlier).

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
On iOS9, inside iCloud, if im not mistaking, there are 2 areas that the user can set iCloud.
The deactivation of "iCloud drive" and in "Photos" there are a couple more options to take care of.
Its the "iCloud Photo Library" and "Optimize iPhone Storage", "iCloud photo sharing". If there are more to deactivate please let me know!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
On iOS9, inside iCloud, if im not mistaking, there are 2 areas that the user can set iCloud.
The deactivation of "iCloud drive" and in "Photos" there are a couple more options to take care of.
Its the "iCloud Photo Library" and "Optimize iPhone Storage", "iCloud photo sharing". If there are more to deactivate please let me know!
Not sure what those would do as far as removing things from the phone compared to just what erase all contents and settings would.

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Signing out of iCloud and the Erase all Content + Settings are the two big ones. You need to turn off Find my iPhone which will be accomplished by signing out of iCloud. Erase All Content is the best way to get the rest of the stuff.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Can somenone please tell me the exact path in iOS9 to sign out of the cloud or any other command i need to make in order to achieve what im asking?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This guy doesnt sign out of iCloud, whats the deal here?

(
)≈

Let me get it straight, are these the steps?
1. Disconnect from iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Sign Out)
2. Erase my data (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings)
- Is there something to do regarding Activation Lock?
- Is there something else im missing of doing?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.