Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neo1001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Hello all,

I wonder is there any way that I can permanently adjust my MP3s' volume? I am aware of softwares like mp3gain and ivolume. But it seems that they only work with iTunes/iPod. I mean, after normalizing my MP3s' volume with mp3gain, the result is quite satisfactory in iTunes. But if I play the MP3s in Cog, I still get (significantly) different volume levels.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello all,

I wonder is there any way that I can permanently adjust my MP3s' volume? I am aware of softwares like mp3gain and ivolume. But it seems that they only work with iTunes/iPod. I mean, after normalizing my MP3s' volume with mp3gain, the result is quite satisfactory in iTunes. But if I play the MP3s in Cog, I still get (significantly) different volume levels.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

What you really need is a playback program that is smart enough to read the volume setting stored in the MP3 file. from the sounds of it iTunes can do this but you other program can't. There is both a per channel volume seting and a master volume setting. Could be that Cog looks at the per channel and mp3gain sets the master.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.