iPod Touch Persistent WiFi + iOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by fernando.kreutz, Sep 22, 2012.

1. macrumors member

fernando.kreutz

Hi

I've noticed that persistent wifi is no longer working on my iPod Touch since iOS 6. Before, it would fetch e-mail and Facebook/Twitter updates, and the wifi icon would stay lit always.

Now, it doesn't fetch stuff anymore and wifi is always off when I turn screen on, then 2 seconds later, wifi is on again. Then it fetches stuff.

WTH happened?

2. macrumors newbie

bad wifi on 4S and iOs6

Hello You all, I'm a iPhone 4S user and I've also experience the bad wifi reception after the update to iOs6, also noticed that battery life is not as long as on 5.1.1. I tried everything, reset the network settings, reset the router, used another router etc, etc, nothing satisfied me and I'm sure that the problem is on iOs6, hope that there soon will be an fix or update to solve this BUG, must say that I've did not have this error on the beta version? Strange?

3. macrumors 6502

I've observed this on my iPad wifi version; I had put a separate query regarding the same but, no response was received. Hope we are able to get solutions on this one. the problem seems to be the same.

4. macrumors member

The first few days my wifi was a hit and miss affair. Now (unexplaineably)
    works fantastic..Battery performance has suffered A LOT.... (iP4, BTW) However, I just ran a 3G speed test, DL was an awesome 5.98mbps! before iOS6 the best I managed was 2.79mbps. ( measured in the same place, same time of the Day). iP5 ordered, hopefully be here soon, Im Hanging to get my claws on it!!:)

5. thread starter macrumors member

fernando.kreutz

I think I got a Fix.

I've reseted all settings trough Setup > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

I'll do some more testing, but I was able to locate the iPod trough Find my iPhone when it was locked, so the wifi must be active. This fix is simple and does not erase data, so...