Person who ran into me appears to have died

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bousozoku, Jan 29, 2006.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's almost 2 years later since our accident and I just saw something about this on the noon news.

It seems to be the same person, although I can't be 100 % certain since they didn't include an address.

It's pretty scary since she just wasn't paying attention when she ran into me. I wonder how many times she walked through life oblivious.

I feel bad for her family but at least, she didn't kill anyone else.

2. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Thrown from the car usually means the person wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

You stand a much better chance of surviving an accident if you wear a seatbelt properly.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

5. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Seatbelts? If someone doesn't see 3 cars stopped at a stop light, would she remember to use a seatbelt?

Though, I suppose this does support the warning that using an airbag without a seatbelt limits its ability to protect.

I'm still a bit shocked.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Crazy. I don't know whether to feel VERY bad or not.

When my friend was young he was the victim of a home invasion. Yeah, I know. Four guys walked in, two of them with guns in their hand, but they weren't wearing masks. They tied up the family and walked around taking anything they wanted. One guy just pointed a gun at my friend, mother, brother, and sister. Actually, his mother is my god-mother, and we were all VERY close. He was my best friend. Must have been the scariest thing in the world when you're 13, your sister is 12, and your youngest brother is 7. :mad:

Several years later, we see a report in the paper that 3 men were caught robbing some sort of business, and he recognised their faces in the newspaper. :)

7. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

We all need a cleanup, so for him, I'm sure that helped him resolve the experience.

I've had two guns pointed at me but I never worried about it. It dislike verbal conflict much more because I have to be willing to say terrible things to not be trounced.