Personal Accounts Packages for Mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mixalis, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Mixalis macrumors newbie

Mixalis

This subject has been aired on several occasions without any obvious conclusion, so I thought I would try again because I know that there is a big demand out there.

When are we going to see a personal accounting package to compete head on with Quicken and MS Money? Outside the US even the PC platform is now badly served following the withdrawal of Quicken from the market and the apparent lack of development and interest in Money shown by Microsoft.

I am still currently running MS Money (via Parallels Desktop) but will migrate to a Mac app as soon as a real competitor becomes available. I've downloaded and tried almost everyting on offer, including MoneyDance, iCash, Money2 and iBank. I've persevered with iBank because it is tantalisingly close to offering the answer. But there are still some shortcomings and lack of features compared with Money. GnU Cash sounds promising, but I've been a coward in tackling the apparently complex and fiddly installation. So that hasn't been tried.

In common with many potential users I need a robust and comprehensive package that is happy handling multi currencies and can cope realistically with portfolio management (in various currencies) for tax purposes.

Since I am in the UK I also want a package tailored to our tastes and language (no checks or checking accounts, thank you).

I am interested to hear others' experiences and whether anything good is about to hit us.

2. macmend macrumors newbie

I am interested in this too as my partner as recently gone into business for herself.

The market leader MYOB is overly complicated if you ask me and the opensource stuff has a terrible interface.

I think this is a forgotten area of mac software, perhaps as seen by this thread because no one is interested in it.

Macs for the Media and PCs for business, how many mac based companies actually end up running all their accounts on PCs?