Personal File Sharing Settings

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KheeseKake, Feb 26, 2007.

1. KheeseKake macrumors newbie

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knew if was possible to specify which users on a system can log on remotely using Personal File Sharing. I currently have it setup so that I can connect to my iMac from my MacBook Pro to access my files but because there are other user accounts on that system that don't have passwords on them, I find that it could become a security risk. I can log on as one of the other users by just entering their username without a password and have full access to their files. Any ideas? I'm hoping there might be a way that I can just set it so that the Personal File Sharing will only let my account log on.

Thanks in advance

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

How about put passwords on the other accounts?

Otherwise you got me on this one.

3. MacVault macrumors 65816

Mac OS X's filesharing/network configuration SUCKS! This better get fixed with Leopard! There's no excuse for it. XP/Vista is way ahead on this. Mac OS (Classic) was always better than Windows in this area. With OS X Apple took a few steps back when it comes to this. :mad:

4. KheeseKake thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... damn I was hoping that there might have been another solution and that I wouldn't have to do that.

Is there not some sort of command or file I can edit to set which accounts are allowed access to certain services? :(