Personal Finance Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by southerndoc, May 15, 2006.

1. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2006
    Does anyone else here agree that Quicken for Mac sucks? Very few financial institutions allow direct connect downloads when compared to the Windows version.

Anyone heard any rumours about the 2007 version? Will it support the Windows download format so we can connect to more institutions?

I wish Microsoft Money was available for Macintosh users. Money is truly the best financial software I've used. It would certainly dominate the Mac personal finance market quickly given that Quicken is worthless. Intuit just doesn't invest time in developing Quicken because they know it's the only personal finance program available for Macs.
  2. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    It's the only thing that is stopping me from getting it, but alas, I am prolly going to cave in.

I really need to keep better track of my personal finances. My business books are spot on to the penny - the draws I put into personal are a wreck.

Just print off your records from the bank and enter them manually - if you do it every couple of days, it's no big deal.
  3. backupdrummer macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi town
    I just started using Quicken on my Mac (2005 version). I have never used any other type of personal finance program so I don't have a frame of reference. It seems very dated. I can do some stuff but I find myself often battling with teh app which just doesn't seem right.

I was wondering about the direct connect feature. It works like a charm on my Discover account but on the other I have to go and manualy download files for everyone else. This is really annoying. Is this just a file issue? I can't imagine that they (quicken) use a different file format for the mac versus the pc, seriously its just ones and zeros and commas.

Are there any other options out there?