Personal fitness software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asphalt-proof, Jul 26, 2005.

1. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a personal fitness trainer software. Something that will take basic stats, track progress and create customized workouts based upon my 1 rep.max. (or something equivalent). Does anyone have any suggestions? Most of the stuff I have found are subcription web-based. Something I would rather not deal with.

To give you an idea of EXACTY what I am looking for. When I was in college (10 years ago), the gym there had an old mac that you would plug in your max for various exercises then it would spit out a programmed workout sheet for that day. It tracked progressand periodically prompt you to re-max out to update your profile. Does any one know of some thing available like this?

2. onlyONE macrumors member

I would love something like this as well...if you find a program that does this could you post the link or PM is to me? Thanks! I'll keep a look out for something as well, I think it would be really helpful. I don't even need the workout feature, even just a progress tracker would be fantastic.

3. riel505 macrumors member

riel505

that would be cool - i'm not sure if this would help - but there are some widgets that calculate pace or time or one that calculates distance for indoor rowing under 'sports'. maybe there's some widget out there that would answer your needs. :)

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Not for the Mac but I know the XBox, PS2, and PC has "Yourself Fitness" and the PS2 has an Eye Toy fitness program.