Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
I'm a obsessive compulsive organizer, ranker, and sorter of all things that interest and define me.

For movies, I have an IMDb.com account:
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=7632471

For books, I have a LibraryThing.com account:
http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=tefnut

For music, I have an fanatically organized iTunes on my computer, but nothing online. (Why put things online? a) share with others, b) get automatic recommendations from my rankings.)

So the question is, do we have an online IMDb/LibraryThing-like service that will automatically sync with my iTunes? 'Cause that would be cool.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
last.fm is probably pretty close to what you are looking for. There is also dailytunes.com right here, but that's more of a manual recommendation system.

flat6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
iMeowbot said:
last.fm is probably pretty close to what you are looking for.

That looks fantastic, but I can't get their last.fm.app to work. After I download and drag into the Apps folder, their program crashes while trying to open.

flat6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
I guess that short of reformatting my Mac, there's nothing to do but wait for the next version of last.fm and hope they fix it. Odd though, this is just about the only OSX app that's crashed indiscriminately on me.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 57

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Is it only the "connection failed" thing you got, or an actual crash there? If it's only that red error message, that's fine, it will catch up later when it can. Meanwhile, you'll want to poke around in its prefs and make sure that it has your username and all that.

flat6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
iMeowbot said:
Is it only the "connection failed" thing you got, or an actual crash there? If it's only that red error message, that's fine, it will catch up later when it can. Meanwhile, you'll want to poke around in its prefs and make sure that it has your username and all that.

For the last.fm.app, it crashed; for the iScrobbler.app, it failed to connect. I guess I'll try again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.