Personal Web Sharing, missing!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hayfa, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Hayfa macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm new to mac but enjoying every minute with my Black MacBook, 2 GB RAM.

I was looking for a personal server, like Apache (including PHP, MySQL). I installed WebServerXKit, but when I did the personal web sharing didn't work. So, I uninstalled it. When I did that, I restarted the MacBook and when I came back I opened the Sharing in System Preferences. And the Personal Web Sharing is telling me that it's not installed anymore!

What shall I do now? How can I work on the personal server with PHP and MySQL?
    Please help me, I'm so lost. :confused:

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

You can use MAMP instead. This won't fix the broken personal web sharing, which I presume will require an OS reinstall, or perhaps Pacifist can help.

3. Hayfa thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi kingjr3,
    Thank you for your advice, I'll try MAMP, hope it's easier than the last one's.
    About the "Personal Web Sharing" install problem, can I find it to download instead of formating the whole OS? Because I'm having lots of programs and files now, with no time to re-download everyone of them.
    Hope to get a solution for re-installing "Personal Web Sharing" alone.
    :eek:

4. Hayfa thread starter macrumors newbie

Pwleeeeaz :(

Attached Files:

5. Hayfa thread starter macrumors newbie

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Don't get your panties in a bundle and reread my response. Pacifist will allow you to extract just what you need instead of reinstalling the entire OS.

7. Hayfa thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm thankful for your respond, but as I said before I'm new to mac. And don't know what to extract exactly what I need, which is in this case "personal web sharing".
    So, if anyone told me what should I install.
    Anyway, MAMP is simply amazing, and thank you for it thousand times. It's working as I wanted. :D