Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khammack

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2004
Portland, OR
INTP, every time.

The first time I took this test, I though it was BS. I read all the descriptions, expecting them to be like horoscopes. In fact, INTP is the only one that ever makes sense for me. I'm always impressed when I think about that.

-kev

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Intj

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 51

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm the only ENTP here so far, and it describes me 100% accurately. :eek:

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

I AM the devil's advocate. I argue that the opposite perspective has a possibility of being true, even if I don't believe it to be true. Hellz, I do it for sport. :p

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
ENFP

Extroverted 100%
Intuitive 12%
Feeling 62%
Perceiving 22%

- very expressed extrovert
- slightly expressed intuitive personality
- distinctively expressed feeling personality
- slightly expressed perceiving personalit

I have to agree with hte % scores for Extroverted and Feeling, but disagree with the other two. Intuitive and Perceiving are not as strong in me as the other two, but not as low as the % say - oh well...

And now what the experts say...

The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which Champions possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, Champions strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, Champions fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

iSaint

macrumors 603
ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

frackin' extroverts...quiet down wouldja? ;)

iGary said:
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

See, I told you all I was a loving, caring individual, not a bitchy queen.

Why did I get the feeling we were similar????

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
ENTJ - apparently I'm going to lead a cult or two with a profile like this. Maybe I actually could be the first female Apple CEO, Steve is an ENTJ too! :D

Uber

lanray

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2005
Anyone heard of the Enneagram?

The enneagram has 9 personality types, and I find it very helpful in private and public life to interpret some of the complexity and seeming randomness of human behavior through these lenses. Besides, it's kind of a cult among some of my friends. Anyways, I'm a 4. Wife's a 5.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
INFP -- the "Healer Idealist."

I'm supposed to be a writer, teacher or in the clergy.

Two for three, at least ...

For one percent of the population, there sure are a lot of us in this thread.

*returns to silent, empathetic corner*

DrStrangelove

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2006
OutThere said:
ENFP

You are:
distinctively expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

Damn...this analysis is freakishly accurate, especially the second paragraph:

I'm an ENFP as well.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
amateurmacfreak said:
ENFJ... anyone else here get that?? It's supposedly only 2-3% of the population. :)

You are:

* moderately expressed extrovert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Pretty much like me, I guess... I don't find the initial things right really, but... the descriptions are accurate.

http://typelogic.com/enfj.html
http://keirsey.com/personality/nfej.html

me too. interestingly accurate. and not surprisingly either.

i guess ENFJs are more rare? :)

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
I've always heard about these kinds of personality tests but have never actually taken one. According to this test, I'm an ISTJ -- an "Inspector Guardian":
Inspector Guardians look carefully and thoroughly at the people and institutions around them. Making up perhaps as much as ten percent of the general population, Inspectors are characterized by decisiveness in practical affairs, are the guardians of institutions, and if only one adjective could be selected, “superdependable” would best describe them. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are nothing if not dependable, particularly when it comes to examining the people and products they are responsible for—quietly seeing to it that uniform quality is maintained, and that those around them uphold certain standards of attitude and conduct.
Sigh. Yeah, that's probably pretty accurate. ;)

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
Your Type is
ENTP

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
You are:
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

I took this test now several times, at home and at work always the same. Kinda freaks me out a little bit.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I've been poking around for more stuff on ENFPs...

It might be argued that each type, when first in love, resembles a garden-variety ENFP, because ENFPs normally behave like people in love. Some of the cultural cliches about falling in love - such as "Falling in love with love," "Head over heels in love," "Love is blind," "All the world loves a lover," and "Throw caution to the wind" - seem to apply to the ENFP. This same boundless affection can be showered upon friends, co-workers, and others. People often feel unconditionally loved by ENFPs, but over time many of these relationships dissipate, as in "When I'm not near the ones I love, I love the ones I'm near."

More creepily accurate stuff. :D

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Link, please?

edit: oops, found it! :D

edit 2: I'm an ENTJ.

So is Steve Jobs, but then again, so is Al Gore... :(

edit 3: I think it placed me very well; very acurately.

cslewis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2004
40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
OutThere said:
ENFP

You are:
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

Damn...this analysis is freakishly accurate, especially the second paragraph:

Holy crap! We match!

eMac4ever

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2005
INFJ

You are:
* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.