PETER MOORE (Microsoft) Tells us to BUY A Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL!!!! Not like we've all thought it too....

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

if nintendo and micrsoft hook up in some way to take down sony

wow:eek:

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I really don't think one of Japan's oldest companies would team up with an american company.

But i may be wrong.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hey maybe they told them they'll nuke them again :p We know how Bush administration like doing that lately :D :D :D

Microsoft siding with Nintendo isnt so unlikely strategically. It would give them a good footprint into Japan and it would help Nintendo gain some of the loss it suffered in the West with the last gen...

Teaming up or at least being Allies in a common battle/war would pay dividends to both parties.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno why, but that made me want a 360. I think I'll definitely get one at some point, maybe this coming Christmas.

You could buy a 360 and a Wii for the same price as the PS3! Utterly brilliant! So whats that? Next gen HD graphics super console (as powerful as the PS3, as Sony don't want you to know) and the most radical controller ever-system. For the same price as a system that seemingly fell short somewhat.

definitely a 360 and Wii for me. I think about 50% of this decision rests on Halo 3 being extremely good, however.

6. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I might actually do the same, eventually. Damn you Zelda !!!

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Trying to take down the champs....lol funny.

Bless

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Actually, even though I am a big Halo fan, I think Too Human and perhaps even Gears of War currently entices me more.

I have heard there will be up to 4-player Co-Op in GoW, if that is true then I simply will not be able to avoid the game!

9. Archmagination macrumors regular

LOL.. now I have heard it all about this next game generation. Microsoft advocating for Nintendo.. is strangely hilarious.

Funny thing is the full loaded Xbox 360 will cost around $600 or so in the end.. that is if you want HD-DVD player which most people are estimating/expecting to cost around $100. To top it off I am not to sure on how well a USB cable will work in sending the data to the Xbox 360 processor.. it may not be fast enough.. though its conjecture right now.

10. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

yeah-- holy CRAP is right...

11. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

As long as Squaresoft still makes their games for some company, I'm still happy.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Especially America's most evil company.

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I Just dont get this M$ bashing.

THEY'RE A BUSINESS - A BLOODY SUCCESSFUL ONE
    To be really successful in business you have to be pretty
    ruthless regardless of who you are I'm afaid.

But look at HOW much Bill Gates has personally done
    for aids, poverty in the third world. Only last year he donated
    700 million. I mean for F**k sake, give him a break.

And he doesnt go around Celeb hopping to get his face
    in the papers all the time like U2's St. Fecking BONO.........

It's not like Steve Jobs and Apple are cleaner than clean, or
    any business for that matter....

14. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

There's an old saying: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

15. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Exactly.... Let the war of attrition begin.

16. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Bill Gates wishes he wasn't the richest man in the world, so he can't be a bad person.

17. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You don't see him giving up his money do you? Once you're the richest guy in the world from then on being rich is a choice. If he really wanted to give it up he could. Instead he thought he'd lie to the press saying how he didn't really want his money. If he truly and honestly didn't want his money he could make it happen. He's not giving up his money so there.

18. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think leaving his children with only 10 million each (ok 10 million is a **** load of money, but compared to his fortune) and giving the rest to charity on his death shows some character. Like already said above he already gave 700 million, thats more that LiveAid / BandAid raised, and more than lime light hopping celebs like Bono or Geldof have ever given out of their own pocket...

Throw the man a figging bone, so much contempt for someone being successful :rolleyes: No matter what he does people are bitching at him...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

20. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Agreed.

Whether hardcore AppleFanBoys want to believe it or not, Gates has done/will do more for charitable causes than Jobs, or anyone else, ever will.

And not just because he has more money, but because he genuinely does give/has pledged to give most (if not all) of his money away.

21. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ya, my long term gaming plans are: get a Wii at launch if I have finished up all the DS games I want to play by then, otherwise I'll wait for my birthday (February) and hope that there is a good sale/promo for Wiis after the launch. After that, I'm going to hold my breath until I can get a 360 w/ HDDVD drive and HDMI/dolby digital sound outputs for $250 or so. I might swing at $300. I'm assuming they will ditch the HDDless version by then, but I'm not to concerned about wireles controllers or WiFi adaptors. I'd like to hope that will happen by Xmas 2007, but who knows. I just figure that the price of HDDVD/BluRay players will have to drop significantly by then, so that feature on the consoles won't justify the price premium.

Now, with that, I need to go work on Mario and Luigi Partners in Time so I can get done with it, buy Mario Bros. DS, and finish that in time for me to plow through Metroid in time to get Zelda Phantom Hourglass finished up so I can buy a Wii! :p

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Look at Microsoft's history. They have a tendency to force into markets, buy out everyone, and dump their product to force the people they don't buy out of business, and lock vendors into only selling their products or else.

Any partnership that helps Microsoft get a significant foothold in the market could be very dangerous, as once Microsoft gets first place, they're not going to leave it.

And I'm not bashing Bill Gates. What Bill Gates has done for charity, however, is a red herring. The company breaks laws on a constant basis, laughs in courts, and has been legally declared a monopoly and harmful to consumers in a court of law (they just appealed the punishment until it hardly affected them).

I think calling the company evil is accurate :p

Please, don't pull the charity card. What Bill Gates does for charity does not in any way suddenly change what his company does in the market. Google "red herring" if you don't know what it is.

Personally, I think that if Microsoft were to get the majority marketshare, they could be worse than Sony for Nintendo...the 'enemy of my enemy' idea might not apply in this case. Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

23. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

24. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Man, who pee'd in your Wheaties this morning?

25. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

Has Nintendo release a price for the Wii yet, don't think so. So how does he know you can buy a 360 and a Wii for the price of a PS3. I hope all 3 consoles survive this so called console war. Different strokes for different folks.

XBOX360 4 LiF3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.