Petition for VMWare to port their virtual machine software to OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SiliconAddict, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Guys please consider signing. VMWare runs rings around VPC when it comes to virtual machines. Both from a features standpoint AND a performance standpoint. Heck its not even Microsoft software and it can run other OS's if that help. :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/vmwarosx/petition.html

PS- Pass it on please.

2. jocool5 macrumors member

jocool5

Put it on www.digg.com
    then it will be bombarded with trafic at the least

3. Arcus macrumors 6502a

VPC will run pretty much any OS. Ive had multiple flavors of Linux, BSD on it before. This is not unique to VMWare.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Is there anything dumber than an Internet petition?

5. SiliconAddict thread starter macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Shhhhh, Don't let the Microsoft haters know that. :eek: ;)

6. SiliconAddict thread starter macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Yah standing around the company's HQ with picket signs. How the hell else should a group of users in a more blatantly obvious manner show that there IS a demand for this software? :rolleyes:

7. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

apparently you if you dont see the value in a method of gathering people who otherwise would not be able to gather to protest something.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

A real petition with signatures in ink on paper is one thing and can be effective. When they can't gather in a single location, grownups communicate with those in power by writing them. The Internet equivalent of a letter-writing campaign is an email campaign.

9. SiliconAddict thread starter macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I call BS. The only people who are going to care about this are Mac users (5%ish) and potential Mac users. Would you suggest that people go from door to door asking. Hi. Do you own a Mac? No? Sorry for your time.
    Hardcopy petitions mean exactly jack and **** when you would only get a fractions of the "signatures" offline. The point in this pitition is to demonstrate how many people there are who WOULD be interested in the product not to make a impact with a mountain of hardcopy. Now if I was trying to get my congressman to block Alito's appointment to the SC it would be another matter. You have a wide enough user base that such a petition would be more practical.
    I think someone doesn't grasp what the internet is for. Just because something is easier and more readily accessible to anyone who wants to start a petition (Save the Mountain Dew Baja Blast?) doesn't make it any less valid. How many new ways of doing things Campaigns, taxes, rebates, shopping, polls, etc.) have been reinvented through the internet.