PGR 3 or Need For Speed Most Wanted (360)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aperture, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hey Guys! I'm going to be getting an Xbox 360 for xmas this year and wanted to know which racing game to get. Either Project Gotham Racing 3 or Need For Speed: Most Wanted. The reason I'm not including Need For Speed: Carbon is PGR 3 and NFS are both on sale for $30 at Amazon.

So, can you guys offer some help??

Thanks, Kevin

2. ericsthename macrumors regular

No doubt PGR 3 is my choice.

I've played both, but I find NFS to be unrealistic and corny. HOWEVER, both games look pretty good - I'd give PGR the nod for more realistic, but NFS has a lot of blur effects and lights galore. PGR I've played through 3 times, NFS I couldnt finish. Some people love the whole "pimp my ride and drive through trees" approach though...

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Ditto.

PGR3 is a racing simulator. No stupid storylines, no driving like an idiot through public streets, no taking corners at 200 mph and not crashing. It's a very realistic simulator.

Most Wanted simulates nothing except the Fast and the Furious. The game basically ignores laws of physics and aerodynamics, and common sense for that matter. Yet its still fun, possibly more fun than PGR3.

So it really all depends on what you want in a racing game.

4. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yeah, I want the game to be fun but I've played NFS versions on PS2 and the whole customizing-your-car thing gets old after a while. I'll prob. go with PGR but any more input?:)

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Rent both of them and see which one you want. Or you might be able to download the demos for both of them from Xbox Live for free. Its really all personal preference.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

cant wait for forza 2. be the best one by far
    but yea pgr is alot better than need for speed. i hate always driving at night in rain in the same city. gets really old.

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

There is an XBox 360 box package out now that included Need for Speed:Most Wanted in the box, for free. See if you can find that deal.

I thought that game was really good, probably the first 360 I really put a lot of time into because I wanted to beat the game.

8. Stevez0r macrumors member

My thoughts exactly. I'm still playing Forza.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea get forza. it will work on the 360 and to be honest the graphics are still sweet. sometimes i honestly find it hard to tell what games are 360 and what are regular xbox. especially since any of the need for speed games dont have good graphics imho

forza is about as close to a car simulation as you are going to get

10. ericsthename macrumors regular

Not to say that getting Forza isn't a good idea, but there are couple things to consider:

If he/she is just getting a 360, then getting 360 games is still probably going to be priority #1. You can use the extra functionality of the 360 such as guide button, streaming music, ipod playback etc. whereas with Forza you wont get to see what 360 is really all about. Forza is a great game, but on the other hand, Forza 2 is coming out very shortly and should demolish the expectations set by Forza 1.

I just remembered that I have 2 copies of the game, because I bought the Wireless wheel which comes with a free copy of PGR3. If the original poster is interested, private message me and I'll sell my original copy for like 10 bucks canadian... or anyone else for that matter

11. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Wish you would have spoke up sooner!:( I bought the game (PGR) on Amazon last night. Thanks for your offer though.

Kevin

12. wako macrumors 65816

NFS games are stupid...

If you want a game that ignores all physics and common sense, get Burnout Revenge. That game does both, but also is great for anger management

PGR3 is more fun when you play with people though.

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I would say NFS because PGR3 is crap compared to GT3/4 and Forza. NFS is pretty stupid but it is really fun.

I would recommend Burnout actually because crashing cars intoeachother and blwing them into pieces is "gangsta".

14. Stevez0r macrumors member

"yeah son!"

15. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

its at best buy, you get a 360 premium and most wanted for $400.00 and you get a $20 giftcard

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Soon? I heard it is late next year. Am I wrong hopefully?

17. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I say PGR 3 if you can get it at an affordable price. Lots of fun :D

18. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ah twisted metal. i love shooting cars with other cars lol

20. Spartacus macrumors member

Get Burnout Revenge. Holy crap that game is fun both single player and online. It's not a simulation so don't expect it to be super realistic physics-wise like PGR3, but gameplay is so good! If anyone has ever played Burnout online they will back me up. It looks wonderful, too...in a non-simulation kind of way :)

(But be careful :) because the speed and intensity of Burnout makes going back to simulation games really hard)