phantasy star online

Discussion in 'Games' started by hui__lim, Aug 30, 2003.

1. hui__lim macrumors regular

Sorry, this is nothing to do with Mac or anything but I have a few questions to ask about PSO on the xbox:
    1) I know that this is a xbox live game and you can play online. Is this game pretty much like EQ where there could be 1000's of people playing in one server.
    2) Is the game any good compared to EQ?
    Thanks

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I owned the game on my Gamecube and the online play is not like EQ. I can't speak in comparison since I've only played EQ once. However, I traded in PSO because the game was pretty stale in my opinion. You basically just do the same thing over and over. Just my 2 bits.

3. hui__lim thread starter macrumors regular

Is shadowbane any good? when did it first come out?

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I have a couple of friends that play Shadowbane and they're addicted to it ATM. As far as I can see there is a lot of potential in the MMORPG as it has some cool features EQ doesn't have. Such as creating your own kingdoms and having massive battles, sieges, etc.

5. hui__lim thread starter macrumors regular

do you know where i can download shadowbane for mac from? I have tried to download it from shadowbane.com but only get a .exe file which is not mac compatible. any light shed of this would be appreciated.

6. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

As far as I know Shawdowbane is only available off a CD. www.gogamer.com has always had good prices on mac games