Phantasy Star Universe on a Macbook?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ichii, Nov 2, 2006.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

Has anyone tried to see if the game runs on the Macbook? I don't have a big enough partition on my windows partition to install it, but if it works I'd rather play it on my mac then the pc. Thanks in advance

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I'm sure it'll run okish.

Wow and Guildwars run with settings on low (but still look good).

PSO seems similar gpu wise.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It should be playable on low settings. Looks like you need T&L support for the best gameplay.

4. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

Do you know if anyone has tried it? Because I don't want to make more partition space for windows xp, because I hardly use it for anything, Right now i have 12gb on there and 25 gb for osx

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I play it on the 360 but we had a discussion about this on PSO-World last week. One of the player had this to say:

6. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

I just repartition my hdd I only have 15gb for my OSx :( , but atleast I can play PSU, I have 512mb ram and it run decent. No slowdowns (for now) I was having problem with PSU on my PC because I have Mcafee and it crashes or freeze my PC everytime I turn off the game. So I'm glad I can use the Macbook :D

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'm pretty sure it will work very well on the Mac, after all, this is a port of a PS2 game.

Enjoy! I really like the game so far.

Too bad the PC-PS2 and 360 players aren't on the same servers so we won't cross paths.

8. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

I was wondering, if I have a guardian license, would it still work for the ps2 or xbox version?

9. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Took this from the official FAQ:

Whole thing here.