Phil Mickelson Wins Masters

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacNut, Apr 11, 2004.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Phil Mickelson won the Masters today his first ever major tournement win, Its about time he won one, and what better than to wear a green jacket.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's too bad about Tiger Woods, well maybe next year. Can't say that I have ever heard of Phil Mickelson, I'm sure that he is worthy.

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I hope your being sarcastic. Tiger has been doing badly all season, Phil has been on the tour since 1991 and had not won a major till today.

4. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

glad a san diegan won it

my relatives were all pulling for him today

5. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i follow golf but don't usually watch the coverage... but i sure am glad i watched the last few holes today. that was a great sunday afternoon. at masters, no less, with two of the best players out there, dueling it out.

it was mickelson's to win, and he sure did. it must have been something "miraculous" to have dimarco's putt on the 18th...

congrats to phil. it was plain exciting.

6. Awimoway macrumors 65816

**** **** ****! I had to leave early in the broadcast. Stuck a tape in to record it. Was rooting for Mickelson but trying not to get emotionally invested, considering his track record. When I left, Mickelson had just bogeyed and was not doing well on the next hole (4th or 5th, I think). When I got home, I rewound the tape, pushed play and discovered that a power outage had messed with my VCR and I had bupkus. Didn't get to watch it. Sounds like it was a spectacular final day. I'm very happy for Mickelson. He seems to have really matured this year, not taking so many goofy shots just to impress himself. I hope he wins more Masters, now that he has the monkey off his back. It would be kind of funny if he was the first to win a same-year grand slam. It's not going to happen, but it would be funny.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not a golf fan, but I knew enough about the guy to feel a bit sorry for him. Glad to see he finally made it.

8. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

One usually doesn't mention golf and excitement in the same sentence, but for TV, it can't get much beter than that. I'm glad that Phil finally won one.