Phil Schiller MUST GO

Discussion in 'Community' started by lem0nayde, Jan 8, 2003.

1. lem0nayde macrumors regular

I'm sure the man is a lovely person, and I mean him no personal ill will. But, why in god's name does Apple allow him to speak at keynotes and in their product videos? The man is the definition of bad acting. Either he doesn't really understand why he is supposed to be excited about Apple products, or he just plain isn't - but his opinions come off like a late night infomercial.

I always feel like "Just let Steve do it, honey... go back to your seat." Poor guy.

Sorry for the rant...I just had to get it out.

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Ah leave Phil alone, he's a cool guy, he seems ok to me.

One thing, he's a 150x better than Ballmer :D

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with Mac15. Public speaking isn't easy, give him a break!

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Sure he reminds me a little of Billy Mays, but he's a good guy. I thought Jonathan Ive's performance in the video was a bit odd... he seemed rather strained, his eyebrows never stopped moving and he kept squinting down when making gestures. But they're not actors, i think it's cool they do the videos and keynotes... as was said, public speaking is very difficult.

Of course, IMHO nothing can rival the contest they had when iMovie came out, the movie with green day soundtrack, about the guy's kids or grandkids... i teared up when i watched that keynote...

:)
    pnw

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Speaking publically would suck, steve brings such expecttion to the table, it would be hard for Phil to really show him up. Phil was going to conitnue doing the demo, but Steve came out and ruined it, which sucked, I wanted to see FCE in action.