Phil Schiller possible sighting

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by zyuzin4, Oct 5, 2004.

1. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

Where I work there was a man who was busy on his cell phone that looked like Phil Schiller. I thought that when I first saw him and went back and looked online for a photo of him. By the time I was confident there was a chance it was him, he was gone. I looked outside and saw a Porsche speeding away from the parking lot. Could that have been him? This was at an ice rink. I wonder if he has a 13-15 year old son who plays hockey... This is coming from a guy who saw someone who looked like Steve Jobs playing hockey only days after being admitted to the hospital. Anyone know where Schiller lives?

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

If I did I'd be planning a torchlight angry-villager party for Samhain. ;) :p :D

That moron set Apple back ten years.

3. apple2991 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure I follow. I know that John Sculley didn't understand the industry and ruined Apple's chance at dominant market position, and Cringely said Sculley should be in prison for what he did to Apple. But what exactly did Schiller do?

4. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Perhaps I'm experiencing a brainfart. As I recall Schiller, Sculley and Amiglio were the three stooges of Apple's most backward period. Any of the three of them deserves a full blown sack-party IMO.

5. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Well for some reason my brain can not Index that person, who is that (Not Steve we all know him:) :cool: )

6. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I think you're all confusing the people here. Phil Schiller is the nice guy who seems 2nd to Steve Jobbs now. He came back to Apple the same time Jobbs did and gave the Paris keynote where they introduced the iMac G5. He's on most of the new product videos from iPod to iMac to PowerBook to Power Mac G5.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

That was Michael Spindler! Schiller's definitely no relation.

Spindler was bad enough that he had to negotiate a clause in his termination agreement where Apple couldn't say bad things about him after he left (section 5).

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Bingo!! Dammit I knew I had SOMEBODY transposed. :p

Bugger. You guys are right, Schiller's a cool guy. I was thinking Spindler. Steve's gotta stop hiring guys with similar names. :rolleyes: ;) :D

My Bad. I guess I've been away from the front page too long... The newbies are too naive for my liking.