Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goplay5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
My wife recently bought me (birthday gift) a 32" Philips LCD Monitor, right about the time a converted to purely mac. i was able to make everything work but the problem is that the menu bar on top is "Invisible" meaning it's off the screen but i can still access it just by pointing the mouse to the approsimatel area. I tried everything including changing all the display resolution but the resolution that seems to e stable is at 720p. It "wiggles" on any other resolution. I also tried it from the monitor side and tried adjusting the viewing format but it remained the same. Anyone know how to recover the menu bar?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What Mac? What input are you using on the TV (VGA/DVI/HDMI)?

I am curious as we we will be getting a similar TV (27" Toshiba) after Christmas. I know it supports 720p in a 1280x720 resolution and I was seriously considering attaching a Mac mini to the HDMI port, but when I visited the Apple retail store near me 1280x720 did not seem to be a supported resolution, only 1280x768 which sounds like it would yield the kind of problems you are seeing. :confused:

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.