1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Phone Insurance

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MacAttackkk, Sep 9, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

What do android users use for phone insurance? I looked into squaretrade which is $125 for 2 years with a $99 deductible. On the other hand the iphone is $99 for 2 years with a $50 deductible. Why such a big difference? I am thinking about getting an htc one and want to go case-less so i would like insurance for peace of mind.

2. macrumors 601

The Game 161

I have my phone insurance through unlockedmobiles.co.uk when i bought my handset..here in UK it's £7.99 which is pretty good for me.

3. macrumors 68030

4. macrumors 603

I've always just gone without it. I feel like I've saved money in the long run.

5. macrumors 6502a

I pay att $10 per month for the first year or so until I qualify for upgrade. Really saved me when I lost my note 2. Sure the replacement was $200, and the insurance ran me $100, but it beat paying $700.

You are probably better off just buying a equivalent phone off of craigslist if you lose yours but I am to lazy to do it.

I can't speak 2 there so cell phone coverage but I have had bad experiences with Square Trade. I had a waterproof camera fail me they said it was not covered.

6. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

when I had iphones I used apple and other phones used bestbuy. Since I have a nexus now I don't really see the point in insuring a $299 phone.

7. macrumors 68020

The-Real-Deal82

My home contents insurance covers accidental damage and loss of gadget outside my house of up to 5 grand. iPhones are specifically listed so I am fully covered. I think my excess is 50 quid. It is a lot cheaper than paying for a separate insurance policy monthly for your phone.

8. macrumors newbie

I use ProtectCELL for my phone insurance. It’s $139 for a 2 year plan. After doing research on other phone insurance companies ProtectCELL ended up being the cheapest and most reliable. The plans do vary a little with iPhones and other smartphones but I would never go with another insurance company now that I have been using the Complete Protection Plan this past year.