Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
My Phone upgrade is coming in a week. I wonder if I should stay with Apple or move back to BlackBerry. Blackbery has far better PIM apps, however no iCloud and hardly any apps. I do miss the keyboard, and the stupidity of apple in iOS 7 with their PIM apps such as Reminders, Calendar, Phone, etc.. makes me want to move elsewhere. iOS 7 has lots of nice features, however PIM seems to have taken a dump. Opinions?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I hate Blackberry and the brand is dying/dead. Anything but them really! Windows, Android or Apple...

Knighthammer

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2013
My first iPhone is on its way to me now and I'm coming from a Samsung Nexus.

However, with BB almost a dead phone manufacture, I would stay away from them like the plague. They will most likely be bought out (they are being sold more than likely) and will die a rather quick death or the best parts will be gutted out and sold to the highest bidders. I have a BB for work and its little wonder to me why they are in the financial straights they are in now.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I hate Blackberry and the brand is dying/dead. Anything but them really! Windows, Android or Apple...

Plenty still use them and what others do has no impact on me. Personally I dont give a rat what others are doing for I only care about my needs. I love Apple but PIM in iOS 7 has really bombed. other than that iOS 7 rocks.

----------

My first iPhone is on its way to me now and I'm coming from a Samsung Nexus.

However, with BB almost a dead phone manufacture, I would stay away from them like the plague. They will most likely be bought out (they are being sold more than likely) and will die a rather quick death or the best parts will be gutted out and sold to the highest bidders. I have a BB for work and its little wonder to me why they are in the financial straights they are in now.

Those at crackberry.com will disagree with you. They are far better for PIM.

Personally why do I care what everyone else is doing?????? I only care about my needs. Why do I care what everyone else is doing????

Doublea6

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
If you don't care what others think then why are asking if you should stay with apple. I think you've made up your mind already.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Yes get a blackberry... The best decision you will ever make...

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
my phone upgrade is coming in a week. I wonder if i should stay with apple or move back to blackberry. Blackbery has far better pim apps, however no icloud and hardly any apps. I do miss the keyboard, and the stupidity of apple in ios 7 with their pim apps such as reminders, calendar, phone, etc.. Makes me want to move elsewhere. Ios 7 has lots of nice features, however pim seems to have taken a dump. Opinions?

move…..

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
My Phone upgrade is coming in a week. I wonder if I should stay with Apple or move back to BlackBerry. Blackbery has far better PIM apps, however no iCloud and hardly any apps. I do miss the keyboard, and the stupidity of apple in iOS 7 with their PIM apps such as Reminders, Calendar, Phone, etc.. makes me want to move elsewhere. iOS 7 has lots of nice features, however PIM seems to have taken a dump. Opinions?

In my opinion, you should make up your own mind, instead of asking complete strangers to help make up your mind for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.