1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Photo and video of iPod phone on tonight's Desperate Housewives

Discussion in 'iPod' started by johnbro23, Nov 5, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

In Desperate Housewives tonight, Edie Britt is jogging when she gets a call from what looks like a black 1st generation iPod Shuffle in an arm band. I will try to get the video of the 13 second clip on YouTube. In the meantime, you can check out the pictures I've attached.

EDIT: Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ_62ShSvU

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68000

spicyapple

No wires, too. Could be Bluetooth enabled! :)

3. macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors 68030

My question is, if she's talking in to it, I'm assuming she still has earbuds in? BT earbuds, or something? So, uh, how is she hearing someone on the phone with those in? Does the audio go through them to her ears, and if so, why hold the phone to your ear? Wouldn't the earbuds block sound from the phone? Or does the new iPod Phone have earbuds that go... INSIDE YOUR HEAD?

5. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Couldn't that simply be a Nokia 6030, Moto SLVR or some other black candybar that's roughly nanoish sized?

6. macrumors 68000

spicyapple

What she's holding in her hand looks the size of a regular iPod, since shufflely-sized iPod would be really tiny.

7. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Who says it's an MP3 player to begin with? I know that people often use MP3 players when they jog, but so far as I can tell it's just a phone on an armband.

8. macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

interesting find.
    a bit too vague though for any real analysis.

9. macrumors 6502a

I noticed this too while we were watching the show last night. My first thought was that the script called for Edie's (sp?) cell phone to go off while she was jogging and the costume people couldn't figure out where she would be carrying her phone in the skimpy outfits she wears. The chose the shuffle armband because it matched the rest of her outfit.

When I look at the phone, it seems to me that it is way too big to actually fit in the armband. I suspect they used black velcro on the armband and the phone to make it work.

My opinion is that they simply had a shuffle armband close at hand and decided to use that as part of her costume. At most, this sighting just indicates how ubiquitous the iPod has become when you see accessories show up being reused for props and costumes on a major TV show.

10. macrumors 6502

vi2867

It looks like a Motorola SLVR to me...

[​IMG]

or it could also be a Sony Ericsson w810i

[​IMG]

:)

11. macrumors member

maybe it's not even a phone at all. she could just be ACTING.

12. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I was going to say that.

There's no reason she's not just talking at her iPod...