photo application question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chuchichan2524, Nov 25, 2006.

1. chuchichan2524 macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2005

I'm using a Mac Powerbook G4 and I would like to know if there's a fairly simple program out there that would allow me to cut down the sizes of photos for when I would like to email them.

I know iPhoto can do this, but I really do not like iPhoto. Right now I just use Preview to view my images. I don't see an option in Preview that allows me to cut down the size of a file.

Is there a program out there that you would recommend? Can Photoshop do this? Any programs for download?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Pili macrumors regular

Nov 1, 2005
    Orlando/Miami, FL
    You can also just create a simple work flow in automator so that way you can select a group that you want to resize as well and all the resizing can be done right in finder.

Just go to automator > preview > scale images > select size you want them converted too and name workflow.

Thank when you want to scale them just ctrl + click on the image file > automator > Scale Images (or what ever name you have named that workflow)
  3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    If you have a Powerbook then I imagine you have ImageConverter installed as well. It works great to resize photos, as well as save in various formats. It's what I use for pictures not in my iPhoto library.