Photo Backup

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mvamato, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mvamato macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey guys,

I just got through a hard drive failure on my Powerbook. I had to send my drive to drivesavers to recover the 10,000 pics. Before my drive went it got corrupt and then my backup became corrupt after the next backup. Well I've been looking for a really good off-site backup. I just had not found anything good enough to relie on. Well I just saw techcrunch did a write-up on

Now this thing looks awesome. It works at the file level. It does versioning. Auto upload all new files. Sync multiple computers, edit from the mobile, publish to Flikr, share files, plus it is cheap under $4 a month.
    Well there has to be a catch. . . . . . . and there is

They are working on a Mac version. Well if you are interested I think we all should let them know that mac people of all users need a good online photo backup service.

Lets tell them we are waiting and maybe they will hurry the process up a little.
  2. cube macrumors G4

May 10, 2004
    Buy a used LTO1 drive (or even LTO2, as they are not as expensive now), and make multiple backups.

I use a RATOC FR1SX FireWire/UltraSCSI converter.

I use Retrospect Desktop but maybe BRU would be better (although more expensive).