Photo Booth, auto-start

Discussion in 'macOS' started by amoda, Nov 27, 2006.

1. amoda macrumors 6502a

Hey,

Okay i have a problem. Photo Booth always starts everytime i restart the laptop or logout/in.

Now i'm sure the first thing you've thought of is "he has it checked to start automatically" and the answer is no, i don't. I checked under user preferences and the box isn't checked. I even checked it, logged out, logged in, unchecked it and repeated to try and "restart" it so to speak and that didn't work.

I can't find an auto-start feature within Photo Booth it self, so please inlighten me if there is. Which is weird since if i don't know of one how would i have clicked it but oh well.

I'm sure this next piece will be important....this first started after a manual restart. Photo Booth froze and i couldn't close it, or force close it. It was however stopping the whine from coming up so i was happy. Later a kernal panic occured and i had to manual restart and since then it's been opening by itself. No other programs open during that time do this.

Any help appreciated,
    Amoda

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

System Preferences > Accounts

Select your user account, click the Startup Items tab - to remove highlight the application and click the minus button. The checkbox tells whether to start hidden or not.

3. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

*bangs head on desk*

Man i feel stupid.

Thank you!