Photo Developing Service Recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Romulan, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Romulan macrumors member

OK, I've had my digital camera for about three months, and I think it's about time to start getting some of these pictures developed! I'm thinking about using an online service. They have decent prices and then i don't have to deal with the hassle of a photo printer. Do any of you have any recommendations about which service is best. Any bad experiences? I've heard alot (is there a space in this word? :eek:) of good things about shutterfly. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks Macrumors! :)

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Giving some info on where you're located might be a good start ;) :)

3. alywa macrumors 6502

Shutterfly

I've been very impressed with Shutterfly. All but one order I received from them has been correct, speedy, and acurate. One order came with a strange border... I don't know if it was my fault or theirs, but they fixed the situation by giving me credit for the cost of the prints, which I was satisfied with.

I've also used snapfish and apple's site, though apples's site delivered me some bent pictures once. I ordered a photobook through apple (iphoto), however, and it was excellent.

Hope this helps.

-alywa

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Miller's Lab

http://www.mpix.com

I worked for a photographer for two years, and this lab is what we used to develop our high quality prints. Last year, they opened the lab to the public via the link above. Great quality, affordable price at least for "large" prints.

5. Romulan thread starter macrumors member

Oh, sorry, I live in the US. Thanks for the input alywa. I think i'll try apple - hard to go wrong. :)

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

You might want to wait till Saturday. iPhoto 5 is being released, and Apple is lowering their prices to 19 cents per 4x6, compared to 39 cents.

7. Romulan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up! :) You just saved me half my cash. I was gonna order a ton of prints. :eek:

8. lfielder06 Guest

kind of on the same subject... Does anyone know of any good sites that will take disposable cameras and give you just digital prints back for a decent price. A local grocery store will charge us 5.99 per camera, and that is the best i have found. My wife and I were given a job and we will have around 20 cameras to make a slideshow from. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.