photo montage/collage software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by riel505, Jul 11, 2006.

1. riel505 macrumors member

riel505

hi!

i'm looking for a photo collage software, the one where you create a main or primary image using tons of smaller photos. i don't know what you call that type of collage so i'm not able to do a proper online search.

can anybody point me to a good one? and hopefully a free app?

i love creating collages with photoshop but it's so paintaking! picasa2 does a mean job when i'm using my office pc - but that's as far as it goes. sigh. and what i want to do now is the one with the bigger picture -- can't make it manually even if i try to select the colour tones. i need an automated program...

oh please help...

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I played around with this one a few times

MacOSaiX but it can be a little temperamental and the results can either be very good or very average.

3. riel505 thread starter macrumors member

riel505

thanks! have you tried printing? how is it with large format prints?

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Haven't tried printing any of them I'm afraid.

There was also another app/script that allowed you create a 'Life' poster using iPhoto but not creating a pic within a pic.

5. rogueToe macrumors newbie

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

To help you search more, I believe what you're looking for is typically called a photomosaic.

7. riel505 thread starter macrumors member

riel505

great!!! a photomosaic - dunno why but that totally slipped my mind. thanks for the links and the term. ;)

i tried macosaix last night, didn't realize that the tons of photos i had would not be enough for one pic. :eek: but it's getting me addicted... i'm experimenting with it.

8. riel505 thread starter macrumors member

riel505

ei! been using it for two days, it would complete the photo and fill in all the spaces but once i save it as jpeg, the result is missing more than a couple of dozen photos! :eek: i've been putting it manually in. have you experienced this or know how to solve it? thanks!