Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
On the right hand lower side you can see a lot more of these front panels. I think this is legit.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
This makes me very sad: it is way too big. No way do I want to try to stuff that in my pocket or hold it in one hand or make a phone call with it.

I so hope that Apple, while catering to the hopefully temporary "give me a giant phone" insanity out there offers us an alternative top of the line model the size of a 4S or 5S.

Well it does look massive compared to the 5. However, based on the picture and the hands holding the phone, it does look like it could still fit and be controlled by one hand. If so, I say bring it on. If not I am with you. Although no way on the 4. I love my 5s. The 4 is too small now and I could not go back. I want a the biggest screen possible, but IMO the limit is the point where it goes beyond being a one hand device. At that point it becomes a tablet or phablet. If they go there, I say stick the phone app in the iPad mini. That would pretty much please everyone i think.

mrples

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
more or less adjusted for perspective.

Attachments

• adjusted.jpg
    adjusted.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,418

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
All of the complaints here prove 1 thing. You can't please everyone. People are freaking out over an alleged front panel that isn't even confirmed yet by Apple. However, let's face it folks people want a larger iPhone. The popularity of Samsung devices prove this. I personally can't wait for the 5.5" iPhone model. The larger display will over increased screen real estate which means more functionality.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Leaked images is hard to get my juices flowing without getting worried apple is going to charge a premium for this phone.

Last edited:

mirko.meschini

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
Italy
it's definitely legit. I was hoping for more rounded corners and a smaller home button to reduce wasted bezels area, but it's still ok. Now I hope for a not too high ppi screen so a much better battery life. Anyone can tell if its 4,7" for sure or it maybe 4,5"??

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
I hate all of you who want a bigger iPhone. Apple is just giving the customer what it wants and it seems everyone wants a bigger phone these days and I hate you all. I like being able to put mine in my pocket. You all can suck it! Suck it hard!

Yeah, what this guy said.

Unless the 6 also comes in a smaller size, too. In which case, it's all good.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
Looks promissing and legit.
Far more legit than that recent silly design made by a designer commisioned by this site.
Also this puts an end on those nonesense rumors about iPhone 6 being designed based on the cheap 5c.
I like it and I'm 99% sure this is real.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
It is a trade-off. I will trade one-hand usability for a bigger screen and possibly a longer battery life. :)

No, jail break the iPad mini and stick the phone app on that. But I want the largest phone that still works in one hand. This may still fit the bill - can't quite tell but maybe. Otherwise, I hope they keep the 5s. I have the iPads so I don't need my phone to be so large. I need a one handed device. My two handed devices are the iPads.

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
Having used an S4 for a few months, and having a decent hands on with the S5, I can't wait for a bigger iphone, but no bigger than the S5 overall I reckon.
It won't suit everyone but that's part and parcel of us all being individuals, not everyone will ever be pleased.
I think they'll keep a 4" phone to see how they sell with newer internals, and go from there.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
for those complaining the 4.7 inch is too big and the original iphone size was perfect:

i disagree. the original iphone size was nice, but not perfect either. the new 4.7 if this is legit, is a very decent size increase without going over the top for a reasonable phone size.

secondly, i'm sure if the demand exists, a 'small' phone from apple will come, for people who are looking for the smaller size phones. maybe an iPhone Mini / Air.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
more or less adjusted for perspective.

If this adjustment is accurate, this may be a winner. From this perspective it looks to be both bigger and still usable with one hand. That would be perfect. Now I am getting excited.

Oz.

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
If iphone 6 will be that big with the same design my next phone will be a nexus.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Sigh. So not even anything clever with the bezels, just an oversized knock-off of their own product.

Could not agree more. Tired/dated. So unexciting. Apple are design royalty. What gives with this heel dragging??

Trhodezy

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
"Notably thinner bezel"

Nope, that doesn't look thinner at all. If anything, it looks the exact same as the iPhone 5S.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Apple-iPhone-5s-vs-Motorola-Moto-X-001.jpg

Why can't the iPhone 6 be just like the Moto X in terms of size? I own a Moto X, and the device is perfect. The screen is easy for one-handed use, the round back makes it very comfortable to hold, and the device feels solidly-built. Android is not my cup of tea, so I want an iPhone that is as genius as the Moto X.

Before anyone says something about the home button, this is Apple, they're supposed to be the biggest tech company on the planet, so they could've figured something out. They could change the shape of the home button and make it smaller, they could integrate Touch ID with the screen, they could do so many things to keep the iPhone around the same size while fitting it with a bigger display.

If this leak is true, which it seems like, it's a very lazy job at making a big iPhone. The screen isn't even edge-to-edge like the rumors were saying. It's just the basic iPhone look, grown A LOT bigger.

This leaked iPhone seems to be about the same size of a 5" Galaxy S4, if not slightly bigger, yet with a smaller display.

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-Apple-iPhone-5-01.jpg

Velli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2013
Some people make it sound like 4.7" is a small, incremental increase compared to 4". I disagree. Every time I hold a 4.7" Android phone in my hand, I'm surprised by how much bigger it is. I will never get used to it. IF they really introduce an iPhone 6 with a minimum size of 4.7, I will probably buy a 5S an keep it running for as long as I can.

I really, really, REALLY hope that all the 5.5" rumors are bogus, and the iPhone 6 comes with a choice of 4" and 4.7", all else being equal.

EDIT: Actually, that's what I personally believe is the more likely scenario. This is exactly how bogus rumors get started: One credible source say there will be two sizes. Another credible source say there will be a 4.7" model. Some jerkoff analyst conclude that then there must be a larger one, ignoring the obvious: A 4" phone is still the single best selling phone on the market, why would Apple kill that size?

Obviously, when this gets announced, Apple is doomed for failing to match the analysts' expectations, that goes without saying...

Last edited:

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I hate all of you who want a bigger iPhone. Apple is just giving the customer what it wants and it seems everyone wants a bigger phone these days and I hate you all. I like being able to put mine in my pocket. You all can suck it! Suck it hard!

I have to ask, who here actually wants a bigger iPhone? Bigger screen, sure, but a bigger iPhone? I doubt it's many. Seems to me there is a lot of misplaced hate towards larger screens because Apple can't seem to get away from a 2007 layout. I would love it if they came out on screen and said "Remember how we said larger screens were dumb, well, it's actually larger phones that are dumb. Introducing the new iPhone 6 with a 4.7" screen, it's only 1mm wider and the same height as the iPhone 5s! Big screen, small package."

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England

Giving the customer what it wants as opposed to? Disregarding the people that will give them money? Fantastic arguing point that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.