Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It's January on the International Dateline.

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here**

Happy New Year MR.

_DSC0082 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

• ƒ/8.0
  • 24.0 mm
  • 1/20
  • ISO 2500

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
More power

DSC02164-XL.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It's January on the International Dateline.

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here**

Happy New Year MR.

_DSC0082 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

• ƒ/8.0
  • 24.0 mm
  • 1/20
  • ISO 2500

Love this shot of the nave of Worcester Cathedral. Very well taken, - lovely composition and lines - and, as @Apple fanboy already knows, I must say that I really like English medieval cathedrals.

Thanks for starting the January thread. And a Happy New Year to one and all on the MR photo forums.

Happy New Year to everyone on MRF :)

Dunes pebbles and Snowdonia
by another scotsman, on Flickr
Comments always appreciated.

Terrific lighting and colours. Brooding, strangely still yet somehow ominous.

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
I really like the colours and effect on this shot.

Love this shot of the nave of Worcester Cathedral. Very well taken, - lovely composition and lines - and, as @Apple fanboy already knows, I must say that I really like English medieval cathedrals.

Thanks for starting the January thread. And a Happy New Year to one and all on the MR photo forums.

Terrific lighting and colours. Brooding, strangely still yet somehow ominous.

Cheers gents - all down to post I'm afraid. Scene was a bit featureless so went wild on PP. Taken with a 10-stop ND to flatten the waves.

Reactions: bhtwo

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Happy New Year to all by the way... and sorry in advance for subjecting you to another year of pictorial torture by way of my cameras...

Reactions: MacRy

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Cheers gents - all down to post I'm afraid. Scene was a bit featureless so went wild on PP. Taken with a 10-stop ND to flatten the waves.

You've done a great job there... I must admit I enjoy my pp as much as actually taking the photos. In my film days I spent most of my time in the darkroom... now I have a virtual one!

Reactions: anotherscotsman

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
You've done a great job there... I must admit I enjoy my pp as much as actually taking the photos. In my film days I spent most of my time in the darkroom... now I have a virtual one!
I'd agree with you on the value/pleasure of the post-part of the process but is it 'proper' photography? One for the purists to debate...

Here's one with a different post-approach taken from the same beach. Comments always appreciated.

Llanddwyn lighthouse and waves

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'd agree with you on the value/pleasure of the post-part of the process but is it 'proper' photography? One for the purists to debate...

Here's one with a different post-approach taken from the same beach. Comments always appreciated.

Llanddwyn lighthouse and waves
Your images are always beautifully exposed. Mine always look dark and dull.. I need to work on lighting and exposure in 2016

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Your images are always beautifully exposed. Mine always look dark and dull.. I need to work on lighting and exposure in 2016
Only the ones I post here.....I've generally found that the 6D exposes pretty nicely for normal times and for the very long exposures I usually do a couple of bracket shots.

Reactions: kenoh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.