Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Some lovely images today guys. I really must catch up on some editing so I can post some!

I love the colours in this one. Will be interesting to see the B&W over the next few days.

Interesting tree roots. Where is this?

Its near the beginning of the slot canyon at the Kasha Katuwe Tent Rocks in New Nexico . The slot canyon opens up into a trail to the top of the cliffs where you can see the tent rocks from above . I'll post a pic of the tent rocks tomorrow .

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/content/nm/en/prog/NLCS/KKTR_NM.html

frazzm737

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
More aspen, this one has a bit more fence for Kenoh....

IMG_0109.jpg

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
More aspen, this one has a bit more fence for Kenoh....

View attachment 587769

Thank you. What a fine fence it is too... ;-)

I remember working up in Somers NY and there was a lake with an island in the middle densley covered in trees. At this time of year they would turn red from the water level upwards and it was such a beautiful effect.

This reminds me of that a lot. Nice.

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Some lovely images today guys. I really must catch up on some editing so I can post some!

I love the colours in this one. Will be interesting to see the B&W over the next few days.

Thanks Fanboy - thought they ran the risk of being a bit too in-your-face when they came out of the camera but "impact" I suppose...

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
B&W for Alexander... Comments always appreciated.

Imperial War Museum North
by another scotsman, on Flickr
The war museum itself is begging for B&W treatment, but here the bridge and other building take your attention away from it. I'd play with POV's from the bridge closer to the museum and apply a heavy vignette to remove or minimise any other buildings that couldn't be eliminated from the shot. I'd also play with long exposures of around the 4-5 minute mark. Just my 2 pennies worth on this fabulous building. ;)

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
The war museum itself is begging for B&W treatment, but here the bridge and other building take your attention away from it. I'd play with POV's from the bridge closer to the museum and apply a heavy vignette to remove or minimise any other buildings that couldn't be eliminated from the shot. I'd also play with long exposures of around the 4-5 minute mark. Just my 2 pennies worth on this fabulous building. ;)
Cheers Alexander - point well made. Have a look at my flickr album at one entitled Tradesman's Entrance and see if that hits the mark. I agree that the IWM could take a more brutal B&W treatment.

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Early morning on the Aire & Calder Canal, Goole...

oTu0TPQ.jpg
We had dense fog in Glasgow this morning but it has burned off now into a beautiful afternoon. Hopefully some gorgeous skies on the cards tonight.

Like the mystery of this image... Would have been great for the what lies beyond comp

Reactions: anotherscotsman

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
Wow! Sir, I lack the vocabulary to express how much I like this picture. It is beautiful. Please tell us more about the setup and post processing. The colours are lovely and the - sorry for saying it - bokeh is fantastic. Well done.

Thank you Sir ! actually there isn't much to say. it's handheld, it was a trip through Fælledparken in copenhagen. Some small trees on the sidewalk and then the sun going down in the horizon. For I post slightly turned brightness and contrast up nothing else almost straight out of the camera.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Fantastastic colours!

Thank you Sir ! actually there isn't much to say. it's handheld, it was a trip through Fælledparken in copenhagen. Some small trees on the sidewalk and then the sun going down in the horizon. For I post slightly turned brightness and contrast up nothing else almost straight out of the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.