Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
Wow, I didn't have a chance to check out the September thread until now but what a great bunch of images already submitted - I really high standard! Love them! Thanks for making my crappy morning better! :)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
A question for MR folk… I use Photoshop Elements 10. The ‘lift & stamp’ tool has suddenly turned into the ‘pattern stamp’ tool. I can no longer pick up a colour in a pic (by Alt-clicking) and then apply to another part of the image. Now its only function is to apply a choice of patterns (via a drop-down menu of different patterns). I’ve obviously done something - unwittingly - to change the function of this feature. Can anyone help me regain the (very useful) function of the ‘lift and stamp’ tool?

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I think if you right click on the icon it should give you choices of which tool to use.

Cheers :)

Hugh

RedOctober

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2015
West side of Oz
Doing some experimentation with my zoom lens - turned the barrel whilst the shutter was open.

A word of warning - You might feel lightheaded if you stare at the photo too long....

DSC_4454_1_filteredweb.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
I'm a sucker for reflections. This one has a nice and mysterious feel about it. Love it.

I have to agree with fcortese as well. Also a nice and sharp details on the subject with high-key background. That's my choice pic of the day, Cheese&Apple!

You delivered the goods with this one!

Absolutely beautiful - high key works very well here.

Thank you all for the very kind support.

I have to say that I like the high-key look as well but I didn't take the shot with that in mind. The day was heavily overcast and, given the dark colouring of the Green Heron, I had to exposed a long way to the right to pull some detail from the bird.

An experienced wildlife photographer and good friend of mine has drilled into me the practice of exposing for the subject and not worrying so much about the background. Sometimes it does work.

~ Peter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.