Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Lately what I've been doing when trying to capture a wide scene and I only have the 50mm or longer lens is I go to manual mode and shoot a bunch of overlapping shots, Brenizer method, and then stitch them together in lightroom or photoshop. I've had a pretty good success rate with that method.

Nice evening shot by the way.
Thanks. I've used that method myself a few times. However at this point in the evening I'd had about three beers and 4 hours sleep the previous two nights! Wasn't really thinking that clearly.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think the focus would have been better on the head/body rather than the farthest wing.
Yes probably. I was handholding the 200-500 so wasn't really heading out for this type of shot. I still liked it even with the wing rather than the head in focus.
Next time I'll not leave my macro lens at home!

Reactions: JamesMike

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Black Headed Heron, Tanzania

D5X_6731-XL.jpg

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
Thanks for the great tips @Micky Do ! I'll definitely keep them in mind for the future. As one who normally only does macro, architecture and landscapes, it was a definite step out of my comfort zone, but something I will keep at when the opportunity arises.

Yes, different folks are into different
things; life would be boring if we all had the same passion. Capturing / documenting moments of action is my buzz. This one was snapped at the 2015 Phuket Rugby 10's. For the lass pictured, it was her first try in a real game of rugby; a moment to treasure for her.

I seldom use multi-shot unless I want to capture a sequence, such as a bowler's action in cricket. I concentrate on anticipating and capturing the moment

Try @ Phuket Rugby 10s, Thanyapura, Phuket - Fujifilm X20; ISO 100, f 3.2 @ 1/850 sec.

Try @ 10s '15.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.