Photo Paper Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Kwyjibo, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    I recently purchases a canon i560 from recomendations on this forums and I would love to print out the occasionaly digital camera picture. I have the little 5 piece canon sampler pack and that worked really well for me, fine quality, but as a student I"m on a budget. Is there any discount paper or cheap online stores with paper that you guys recommend. I know many people around here are in art industries or have serious hobbies.

Thanks Kwyjibo
  2. stcanard macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2003
    Be very careful with using other papers. The printers and inks are very dependent on the paper.

I tried using another paper with my i460 that I was told was "just as good" (Impresso Platinum) and it was awful in comparison. Nowhere near as bright, and it had a distinct cyan shift to it.
  3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Apr 16, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I've used store brand photo paper from Office Depot (or was it Office Max, I always get the two confused), and was very happy with the results. You might see if they offer a money back guarantee, so if your are dissatisfied with the print quality you could get a refund. This would certainly be one advantage of buying the paper at a brick and mortar store.