PHOTO PRINTING help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by carly, Jul 12, 2004.

1. carly macrumors newbie

I am using Panther and a hp Photosmart 7550 printer. I cannot get an 8 x10
    photo to save my life. The paper is 8 1/2 by 11 and the photo is some bizarre 7 1/4 by 10 1/2. I have attempted to print out of iPhoto using 8x10 portrait setting but my mouse is unable to completely cover the picture before clicking onto " crop" to save the setting as suggested . Helwett Packard wants $30 for a phone conversation but they actually would prefer that all Mac users simply jump off Mt. Blanc on mass like a large group of lemmings. I would greatly apppreciate help.
    I am terribly frustrated with the whole thing.
    Carly

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Perhaps a stupid question:

When you go to print, can't you just set the scale to less than 100% in the "File->Page Setup..." dialog? Then do a Print->Preview to see how it will look.

You could Print->Save as PDF, then open it in Preview and crop the image, then print it.

Also, the image should scroll as you drag the mouse, then hold the selection when you let up on the mouse button to move it down to the "Crop" button in iPhoto.

BTW, which version of iPhoto are you using?

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You should probably make a copy of the photo, crop it to the shape closest to giving you want you want from the photo in an 8x10 (6x7.5 or something similar) and, in page setup, set the Scale to something greater than 100 percent.

Of course, the closer you make it to 8x10 the better and lower the degradation.