Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I just got back from a trip and took a lot of really nice photos that i want to get blown up. I am going to get my pictures printed at winkflash, for 12 cents a photo plus 99 cents shipping, i have delt with them before and they are good, unless someone else has a recommendation. I am unfimilar with getting posters printed, so is it a good idea to get it from them? Do they have good prices? What would another good place to go for poster sized prints. My camera is 7mp so i dont really need to worry about distortion, at least i dont think. Im thinking like 24'' by 36'' maybe less if it gets costly.

milozauckerman

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
24x36 is incredibly large even for traditional 35mm prints from a professional SLR with tight-grain film. That would be stretching the limits of any consumer digital camera and will probably need to be viewed from some distance to look 'good.'

I would guess that 11x14 is the biggest you can print from a consumer digital camera without going into PS/Genuine Fractal and doing some work.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
wow i didnt think i needed to. What should i do to it for it to look good??

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Do what he said: PS/Genuine Fractal. See you don't have enough resolution to do a good 24x36" print (I haven't seen anyone print bigger than 11x14, but that's just me). You'd have to interpolate the pixels to get the resolution needed, that's where Genuine Fractal comes in.

As for poster quality ... you might be able to get away with a lower resolution ...

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
You know what would be really cool for a poster: this or this.

Jim Heid even has an automator script for Tiger to make the poster.

this way you don't need a super high res pic!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.