Photo publishing software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bruce Lee, PhD, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Bruce Lee, PhD macrumors member

Jun 10, 2004
    I would like to publish photos to the web. I've been using the built-in HTML export in iPhoto; that's fine if I just want to get the pictures up there. But sometimes I'd like to publish a photojournal, a travelogue, or some more narrative-style thing where I've got a lot of text and captions, like a magazine article with many many photos. The layout doesn't need to be fancy, I don't need that much control over the output, and I don't want to do much work to make it happen. Ideally, I'd make a photo album in iPhoto, click a button, and then be in a GUI where I could edit text and captions, and move/resize/crop images. Does this exist?
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I've found the best way to do this is to export the iPhoto album (you do know you can create captions in iPhoto, right?) and then edit the site in Dreamweaver. That way you can automatically create the clickable small photos that redirect to a larger photo with iPhoto, but you have the design freedom of Dreamweaver.