Photo Stream and demoted Macs

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by b76302, Jun 11, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 11, 2011
    In the keynote, Jobs talks about demoting the Mac to be like iOS devices. The cloud becomes the central point, pushing down changes to all other devices.

I have an iPhone, an iPad, a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air. Consider my scenario while on vacation with my iPhone and iPad.

1. I take photos on my iPhone.

2. My photos show up in PhotoStream on my iPad. Cool. I create a new vacation album on the iPad and move my photos throughout the week there, maybe posting some to Facebook, Twitter, etc...

3. I get home and fire up my Macbook Pro. I assume those photos are in PhotoStream. Do I now need to create the album on my Macbook Pro? Was it a waste of time doing it on the iPad?

4. What about the Macbook Air? Is it going to also get the album I made on the iPad? Is my iPad really still tied to the Macbook Pro to sync iPhoto, or is iPhoto syncing everything to the cloud?

Bottom line: This is all really interesting, but I have a bad feeling that it really isn't solving the big picture issues and that I will just end up having lots of duplicate photos on every device all in different albums, etc...

Can anyone provide a thorough explanation of how iPhoto will work? Can it sync the two macs up, or what is going to happen here?