General Photo Stream

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Maffymac, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Maffymac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

since updating ios7 in photos/Albums not all my photos are showing in My Photo Stream they are all in desk top control panel & Camera roll but not on my iphone 5 can anyone tell me how to fix this thanks as i want to remove them local and just store them on icloud

thank you

2. TheKrs1
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

What's missing? Old stuff?

3. Maffymac
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea have 1200 photos in camera roll (had son in june) & only 297 showing in My photo stream

4. TheKrs1
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

There is your problem. Photostream only maintains the last 30 days of photos. (If you create a shared Photostream the entire contents stay until you delete the stream).

5. Maffymac
    Expand Collapse

does that mean i can create a stream & share then delete from camera roll and they will stay in stream and not total delete them thank you

6. TheKrs1
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

If you create a Shared Photo Stream, ensure all the photos are in that stream... It SHOULD be safe to delete from camera roll. (please backup before you try).

7. Inframan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Inframan

That's so strange, i was actually just thinking how much quicker my photos from my iPhone are now showing up in my iPhoto on my desk top. I hope you get it figured out.

8. Maffymac
    Expand Collapse

thank you very much for you help very much appreciated :)

9. pdutta2000
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I have a question on this because my ipad has almost 1000 pics in photo stream all the way back to December 2012 and I expected my iPhone 5 that was upgraded to iOS 7 to download all those pics. Instead I got 69 random pics. Some in April. Some in August. Is this just a bug that I live with? I tried turning photo stream on and off. Same with the phone.

10. Tiptizzle
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's a weird bug. Should have only downloaded photos taken in the last 30 days.